EMF is a national registered charity created in 1999. It has investment properties in London and Manchester which it rents out to make a surplus to be spent to charitable activities. EMF owns the Peepul Enterprise in Leicester which provides various community facilities.
The Foundation supports initiatives that seek to provide practical solutions to intractable social problems as well as those able to effect far-reaching social change.
Over the last 10 years EMF’s successes have included:
- The creation of an industry specific MBA, creating over 40 new leaders for the sector
- Creating the first comprehensive database of minority ethnic voluntary organisations
- Sponsoring the first Black woman to qualify at the Scottish Bar
- The Muslim women’s Engagement programme
- The forced marriage awareness campaign
- Creating a community asset management programme
EMF is an independent organisation that seeks to strengthen democratic values, reduce poverty and injustice present in our society and the growing inequities in the world system.